Friday, April 15, 2011

Why Do They Do This In Public??

John got off work a little early today. Early enough to go with us to pick Evie up from school. We all went to Wal-Mart to get a few things. Including Easter egg dye. Evie got all excited and started jumping up and down. In the middle of the busy aisle. And I do mean BUSY. "We get to get nekkid and do Easter eggs!!! We get to get nekkid and do Easter eggs!!!" Of course NOT in a quiet voice. Sheepish looks from Mama and Daddy. To explain, we do make the kids strip down to their undies to dye the eggs. I guess we could make them wear really old shirts to keep them from ruining their good ones. But no, we're just a little on the redneck side. We like to get nekkid and dye Easter eggs.

4 comments:

Roy and Debbie said...

hee hee hee

Karen said...

Well this is a story that is going to be retold on the east coast.

Karen said...

I was telling sweetie this story and he said "Well, everyone has different Easter traditions."...I'm wondering how long this one will go on in your house :).

Tara said...

Karen, that cracked me up!!!! Never thought of it as a tradition. Just what I thought was common sense. Keeping the dye off the clothes. Guess it's weirder than than I expected! :)