Today Oliver is 8 months old. And he's working on his first two teeth. That wouldn't be bad except that I still nurse him. Evie bit me really hard once. I made it through Maggie without any injury, but I'm not so sure I can escape it a second time. Oliver is chomping down on just about everything he can. Not much I can do but try and be as prepared for it as I can.
On Friday I got the sudden whim to put Maggie in panties. She's been able to go peepee on the potty for awhile. Nothing consistent, but she can do it. I thought it might just take a couple of days for her to figure it out. She really does have the pee part down fairly good. Not 100%, but not bad. The poo part... not so much. In four days, she has yet to poop in anything but her pants. Unfortunately, she doesn't just go once a day. Nice, huh? Today I think we were close. She said she had to go poo, so we went and sat on the potty. She peed and said she wanted down. Then five minutes later she went in her Princess Jasmine panties. Even the chocolate bribery isn't working quite yet. Hopefully by the end of the week.
Evie has never been able to make it through the night and stay dry. She sleeps in pull-ups for that reason. Friday night I used her last one and thought I would go ahead and try to get her out of those at night. No surprise, I've been awakened the last two nights by a soggy 4-year-old. *sigh* Why do I do this to myself?? I keep thinking of the money we'll save to have two kids completely out of disposable panties, but the money I'm spending on laundry detergent is sure skyrocketing! Fun times at the Hix house! Mema, are you ready for another visit?? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am ready. Maybe shortly after Easter I can make a drive down that way. I sure miss them. Neil, Katie and Brooklynn are planning to stay with me Wed through the weekend. Wouldn't you know it I will be working Thursday, Friday and Saturday Laura and I are going to Ok City fora Thrivent meeting. I need to call Debbie to see if we can shack up at their house Friday evening. Miss ya
Ha ha, oh the potty trials of the Hixes! I haven't even thought through that far yet! Do you guys do the Babies R Us rewards program? You can order them online and you get your 10th case free each time. that might help a little with the pull-ups and have Oliver's diapers too!
Wow, he has teeth already? We had Brooklynn's 9 month last week and she has yet to get any teeth, she doesn't even have anything close! She certainly doesn't need them yet so maybe that's why they haven't come in.
Do you have waterproof mattress covers on the girls beds? I suppose you would have to. I can't imagine all the laundry you're doing!!
Tara, try not giving Evie a bunch to drink before bedtime and have her go potty before going to bed. Might help.
Bribing Maggie to poop using chocolate bribes? LOL. Some sort of irony there.
Post a Comment