Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Brand New Talent

I know I'm jumping around here in my updating. I'm in the present for this post. We're just too excited for me to post about it later. Two weeks ago, Mimi brought Evie a bigger bike. One without training wheels. (She got it at a garage sale for $10!! Fantastic deal!!) She also brought a bag full of knee, elbow, and wrist pads for the girls to share. That weekend, Evie was eager to try out her "new" bike. And she did pretty well, except for the fact that she leaned to the right every time she tried to ride. We tried and tried, but we couldn't get her to stop leaning. So we waited a couple of weeks. While the kids and I were outside playing yesterday, Evie decided to get her bike out and practice on her own. By the time Daddy got home last night, Evie could do this:





Pretty exciting, huh?!?

And, yes, I know she's not wearing any of that safety gear. Seems she can move and focus better without it for now. Once we're ready to ride down the street, we'll make good use of it.

3 comments:

eleanor said...

I am sure enjoying the updates. Luv ya guys.

Lezli said...

Way to go, Evie!! The boys sure enjoyed watching the videos. You guys are SO lucky to have that nice long driveway to practice!

Roy and Debbie said...

Waytago, Evie! That's a great looking $10 bike! Looks like new.