Fortunately this weekend we have accomplished a few things that needed to be done before Oliver gets here. This is mainly due to John nesting. (He even admitted that yesterday.) I've been nesting, but that means I've been really keeping up with laundry and dishes and getting baby things ready for Oliver. John, on the other hand, likes to organize like you wouldn't believe. This morning I wasn't feeling really great, so we stayed home from church and rested. Once my headache went away we got to work. Toys all over the house are now organized, the baby swing is put together, decorations moved from Evie's old room to the room the girls share. And yesterday, John insisted that we clean out the fridge and freezer since we will have lots of company for the next few weeks. It's something that's been on my list, but no matter how intense my nesting instinct becomes, cleaning out the fridge and freezer never made it to the top of the list. Anyway, now it's done. I have room for breast milk in the freezer and edible food in the fridge! Yay!
Another big thing to celebrate... Maggie has slept in her toddler bed with her brand new Little Mermaid pillow case for three nights in a row! I was really nervous about how it would go since Evie is in a twin bed in the same room. I was certain they wouldn't fall asleep until midnight every night since they would both be able to get out of bed. But they have both zonked out within 20 to 30 minutes each night! The first night we tried, Maggie fell asleep in her big girl bed but woke up crying sometime in the middle of the night. John went in, found her on the floor, and put her in her crib instead. (The crib is still in the girls' room.) The next morning I asked Maggie if she fell out of her bed at night. She said, "Yeah, I bonka my head!" But the last three nights have been perfect! I'm so pumped. In fact, she's taking her first nap in her bed right now, so I think it's going really well. I realize that she could decide to move back into her crib once Oliver is born, and that's okay. But at least she knows how to sleep in a big girl bed. Now we just have to think about potty training and getting rid of the binkies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmm... John, maybe you'd like to come nest at our house, too?? :) I'm really glad you guys got so much done. It feels good to be a little more organized before the baby comes. That's so great that Maggie is doing well in her toddler bed! God's taking care of y'all :) We can't WAIT to meet Oliver!!!! I can't believe it's already time :) Yay! Isaac is excited to have a little friend that can't squish him like Caleb does :) You guys call us if you need anything!
Love,
Lezli
Post a Comment