Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is John's and my 9th wedding anniversary! There is no way possible that we have been married that long and have so many kids. We don't have any big plans this year. I'm too pregnant. We'll probably go out with the kids to Chili's to eat dinner. The girls always do good there since they have a great kids' menu. I think John's gift to me is going to be my $250 breast pump we bought a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get him anything. Yup. The romance is gone. Ha!! Not really. If you know us, you know that we hardly ever buy each other gifts for things like this anyway. (And, no, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So, ladies, don't feel bad for me.) And seriously, next year is our tenth anniversary. I WILL NOT be pregnant, and Oliver will be nearly one. I'm almost 100% sure we'll do something awesome, just the two of us. This year, we'll just enjoy our family and celebrate that way. Not too shabby, if you ask me!

Anyway, happy anniversary, Johnny!! I love you more than you'll ever know! (Even if it's "nine years longer than you thought it would be..." Heehee.)


Edited to add that John sent me an email this morning with virtual flowers!! I thought it was hilarious! Hey, these will never die. And they didn't cost a thing. Two big pluses in my book. He said he thought about sending me real ones, but that's fine. Really and truely the thought is what matters to me. Maybe I'm weird.

2 comments:

Roy and Debbie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Love you guys and I'm proud of how you have lived your lives over the last 9 years.

Dad.

Katie said...

I love the flowers!!! They are beautiful! I've sent Neil virtual flowers too, they require much less maintenance! I can't believe your wedding was 9 years ago, that makes ME feel really old!!! Neil and I went to OKC this year for our anniversary!!! Ha, it's funny how pregnancy can limit your travels!! Ha ha!