Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Things That Make You Go "Hmmmm"

I just had some weird burst of spring-cleaning energy. And I do mean weird. I'm not a cleaner by nature. Somehow it's not exactly my favorite thing to do. At this particular point in time, however, my blinds, window sills, and baseboards are squeaky clean! I'm going to blame it on Oliver's upcoming birthday party. I wanted to be extra clean for that. (Not that plenty of other things around here aren't in dire need of a good scrubbing...) I don't really care what caused it, as long as it wasn't due to some surge in hormones that commonly cause nesting instinct! Hmmmm.

The kids and I were in the car yesterday. Evie said, "Mama, sometimes I look around at things, and I wish I was them." I asked her what she meant. "You know, like a flower. Or a fish." I'm thinking, Oh, okay. That's kind of cute. "Or a crayon. Or a button." Hmmmm.

We were eating pancakes for breakfast this morning. Made from the mix we got in Arkansas. Maggie sniffed hers and said, "This pancake smells like Mama!" I thought that was kind of weird. Evie leaned over and took a big whiff of me. "You just smell like skin." Is that good or bad?? Hmmmm.

2 comments:

Lezli said...

Ohhh Tara... when you said you had a burst of spring-cleaning energy, a certain "p" word popped into my head. I would secretly be happy...

The things your kids say are hilarious :) They are too cute.

Karen said...

I'm with you - hmmmmm.... although I think the Mom one was really sweet:).