Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And we're off...

I don't know what the time will say on this post when I put it up, but it's nice and early. 4:00am. Waaaaaaay before any acceptable time of rising, like 7 or 8 am! (I've trained my children well!!!) I just woke Oliver up for his last feeding before the surgery. He ate and then went right back to sleep. Sweet boy. I'm so glad he's blissfully unaware of what's about to happen to him and that he won't remember a thing! I watched him after he ate. I do that a lot, anyway, like all mamas do. But this time was different. I was taking in every detail of his beautiful little face like I don't think I've ever done before. I'm such a sentimental person. I don't like change. It's really tugging at my heart strings that he's going to look different forever now. I know that shouldn't matter, but it does because I'm his mama.

At the same time, I'm at a unexplainable peace. I'm not freaking out. I'm not scared. It's due to all the wonderful people who have poured out their prayers on our behalf. Thank you SO MUCH! My mom is here to be with Evie and Maggie, so I have no worries about them while we'll be gone. I'm so unbelieveably thankful for her and my dad. They've always been awesome parents. But lately, they've been even more selfless and helpful when I needed them most. They are the epitome of being there for their child. Thank you, Mom & Dad! I love you! John's parents are going to be at the hospital during the surgery. I'm not sure how long they're going to be able to stay, but it will be nice to have family there while we're waiting. A good friend, Jennifer, brought us a care package last night from our church family. It's full of snacks and magazines to keep us busy while we're in the hospital and full of new things for the girls to play with today while we're gone. Best of all, it had two cards full of notes of those who are praying for us. You better believe I'll be looking at those while we're there, thankful for every last one of you. And all of the people who are praying that I'm not even aware of. God is so awesome to surround our family with so many people who care about us. Blood family and church family. Wow! What a blessing! God is good!

I don't know when I'll be able to blog again. Not before tomorrow, for sure. I'm sad that Oliver is going to look different, but I'm also excited to see what his "new" face will look like. Thank goodness for those awesome dimples! At least those will always be there! :)

2 comments:

Lezli said...

Caleb woke me up at 3am, and I thought about you and that you'd be waking up soon, if you even got much sleep to begin with! :) I am thankful that God continues to give you peace! He is good :) I miss you guys, and I'm not even sure if we'll see you before Thanksgiving! :(

Katie said...

So glad to hear that everything went well!! Praying for a quick and easy recovery! Can't wait to see you all again soon! Love you guys! Thank you for sharing the scriptures! Such a wonderful way to quell worries! :) When your trust is truly in the Lord it seems silly to worry at all!!