Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We've had so much going on lately. John was able to take off Friday, May 22 until Monday, June 1. It was so great to have him home for that long! Of course, Evie & Oliver decided to get sick and our plans changed, but it was still nice to be able to be together for a long stretch. Plus John is awesome about helping with the kids. That's nice when everyone is feeling good, but absolutely WONDERFUL when there are sick kids around. Everyone needs extra care that Mama alone just can't provide.

The first part of his vacation, while Evie was really sick, we painted and installed the cabinet doors in our bathroom. It's been 2 years since John and Dad first demolished that room. Now it's finally finished. I'm sure John's itching to start another big project: our master bath. I'm in no hurry. I'll have to post pics of it sometime. It looks pretty darn good. And weird to have doors on the cabinets. I'm wondering how many times I'll have to unintentionally jam my fingers on the outsides of the doors before I remember that the doors are there and I have to open them to get what's inside.

At the end of the week, we made our trip to Stillwater. We were supposed to go over Memorial weekend, but that didn't work out. We pretty much got to spend one day with John's parents and one day with my parents and sisters. Short trip, but still nice. We got to see John's grandma in Tulsa who has been in a nursing home for several months. She didn't know we were coming, so that was a nice surprise for her to see the kids. This is only the second time she's seen Oliver. On Saturday with my family, we spent most of the day outside in awesome weather. John, Dad, and I played washers most of the day, then at night, we played with Dad's new telescope. Fun stuff!! I'm looking forward to the next time we're back. I miss Stillwater a bunch. *sigh*

I'll have to get on the ball and put some pictures up pretty soon. I'm such a slacker.

1 comment:

Roy and Debbie said...

Your trip was kinda quick. Seems like it didn't last long, but we had fun. Love yuns.